Thursday, August 25, 2011

It's been awhile

I'm finally taking the time to undated this, as I lost a lot of my old entries.  The has been a tumultuous year thus far, but there has been a lot of growing.  I finally feel like I have settled in here, and feel less and less like I am missing out on things and people from my past.  The truth is that I have outgrown my old life.  These past two years have been a point of discovery, and only now am I able to truly say I know exactly what I want out of my life.  My job is good.  My mental health is good.  My social life is good.  My dating life....that's still up in the air, but at least I am willing to get out there again.  I have been focused on nothing but work for the past 4 years, that I passed up a lot of opportunities in that realm only because I just didn't want to make time for those people. Now that I want to make time, I am not sure where to go, or what to do with myself anymore.  I'm definitely out of the loop in this area.  I am just going to roll with the punches and see what happens.  What's the worst that can happen? A little heart ache....I've had enough of that to last a life time, so what's a little more.  I don't feel quite as anxious as I used to.  I guess that's a really good thing for once.  I'm not going to rest on my laurels any more, and I'm definitely not going to sit back and take anything less than I deserve.  It's time to take a stand for myself.  My sanity is at stake...




No comments:

Post a Comment